Here are a number of links that could be of interest to newly arrived English speakers in the Toulouse area. If you know of other resources, or if you’re starting a new activity, please feel free to contact us and we’ll add your link.
Usually we won’t add business or commercial links to this section.
The Toulouse Area English Speaking Forum is a page created with the intention of sharing information, helping answer queries, solve problems and provide support for others living/working in beautiful Toulouse and the surrounding area. It is the main on-line meeting place for the Toulouse community.
The For Sale, Swap and Giveaway is the sister group for ads between English speakers.
English clubs in Toulouse
- TWIG Toulouse Women’s International Group
- Tots & Co. A support group for new and expecting parents
- Americans in Toulouse A group for… Americans in Toulouse
- English Ltd A networking group for professionals
- Toulouse Hash A running club
Other languages in Toulouse
- Toulangues: A guide to clubs and events for all languages in Toulouse
Living and working in France
- Toulouse to Barcelona by bus
- Anglo Info, Midi-Pyrenees
- Americans in France
- Transitions Abroad
- Living and Working in France — with or without a visa by Narelle Lewis</li>
- Ultimate Guide to Working and Volunterring Abroad contains a whole bunch of useful resources for… well, what’s in the title.
French Web sites
These are not English related, but they are “part of French culture” to the point people just expect everyone to know about them, much like Facebook.
- OVS, “On va sortir”, is an event-organisation platform. You’ll find people who organise kayaking events, or even just cinema outings.
- Le bon coin is THE classified Web site in France.
- La Dépêche is the regional newspaper for Toulouse and surrounding areas. Not necessarily the best journalism, but it does keep you up to date with local events.